A Step by Step Beginners Guide to Becoming a Facebook Ads Manager as a Side Hustle.
Average Income: $500 to $5000 per hour
Average Hours Per Month: 10h to 20h
Average Startup Costs: $100 to $500
Generating additional income through a side gig is a favored alternative for numerous individuals. The skill of Facebook Ads Management has become an in-demand asset for many companies with the advent of online marketing.
This guide will lead you through the necessary procedures for becoming a Facebook Ads Manager and the earning potential for this supplemental endeavor.
Table of Contents
What is Facebook Ads Manager?
A Facebook Ads Manager is a professional who specializes in creating and managing Advertising Campaigns on Facebook and / or Instagram. This role involves creating and executing campaigns, analyzing data and metrics, and making optimizations and adjustments to improve campaign perforrmance. A Facebook Ad Manager may work as an independent consultant, as part of a digital marketing agency, or as an in-house professional within a business or organization.
To be a successful Facebook Ads Manager, you need to have a strong understanding of Facebook Ads, as well as expertise in areas such as digital marketing, data analysis, and advertising psychology. You also need to be able to work effectively with clients and team members, and be able to communicate the value of your services and the results of your campaigns.
What Are the Start-up Costs to Become a Facebook Ads Manager?
The Start-up costs to become a Facebook Ad Manager can vary depending on several factors such as your location, business setup, marketing strategy, and equipment. Some common expenses to consider include:
- Training & education: Investing in online courses, workshops, or attending conferences to improve your knowledge of Facebook Ads and digital marketing.
- Equipment: Investing in a computer, internet connection, and other tools such as a project management tool or a graphic design software.
- Marketing and advertising: Creating a website, business cards, brochures, or running online ads to promote your services.
- Legal & insurance: Registering your business, getting insurance, and obtaining any necessary licenses.
- Office expenses:: Renting an Office space or setting up a home office.
It is essential to have a clear understanding of your expenses and create a budget accordingly. As a freelancer, you may have lower start-up costs compared to starting a full-fledged agency, but it is important to have enough resources to provide High-quality services to your clients.
What Services Can You Offer Your Clients as a Facebook Ads Manager?
As a Facebook Ads Manager, you can offer the following services to your clients:
- Facebook Ads Campaign Creation and Management: Develope and manage Facebook Ads campaigns to meet your client’s business objectives, including setting up the campaign, targeting, and ad placement.
- Ad Performance Optimization: Monitor and analyze campaign performance, making changes and optimizations to improve results and achieve the best return on investment (ROI) for your clients.
- Audience Insights and Targeting: Use Facebook’s audience insights tool to understand your client’s target audience, including demographics, behaviors, and interests, and use this information to optimize targeting.
- Creative Design & Copywriting: Create eye-catching, engaging ad designs and write compelling ad copy that resonates with your client’s target audience.
- Reporting and Analytics: Provide regular performance reports to clients, including data on campaign results, audience engagement, and R.O.I, and make recommendations for future campaigns based on the data.
- Budget Management: Work with your client to set a budget for their Facebook Ads campaigns and ensure that their spending stays within the agreed budget.
- Landing Page Optimization: Offer advice and support to optimize your client’s landing pages, to maximize the chances of conversions and drive results.
- Social Media Integration: Help your clients integrate their Facebook Ads campaigns with their overall social media strategy, ensuring that their marketing efforts are cohesive and complementary.
In addition to these services, you can also offer customized solutions and packages to meet your client’s specific needs and goals.
Here's a Step-by-step guide to becoming a Facebook Ads Manager
- Gain knowledge & experience with the Facebook Ads system: To become a successful Facebook Ad Manager, you need to have a strong understanding of the platform, how it works, and best practices for creating and managing effective campaigns. Consider taking online courses, attending workshops, or reading relevant books and articles on the subject to gain knowledge and experience.
- Build a Kick-ass portfolio: Create a portfolio of your work to showcase your skills and experience. This can include case studies, testimonials, and examples of successful campaigns you have managed.
- Network with Potential clients: Connect with potential clients through social media, professional groups, and events. Offer a free consultation or trial to demonnstrate your skills and knowledge, and ask for referrals from satisfied clients.
- Set up your Business: Register your business and obtain any necessary licenses and insurance. Create a website, business cards, and other marketing materials to promote your services.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends: Keep up with the latest trends, changes, and updates in Facebook Ads and digital marketing. This will help you stay ahead of the curve and offer the best possible service to your clients.
- Continuously improve: Seek feedback from clients and continually strive to improve your services. Stay up-to-date with new technologies, tools, and techniques to provide the best results for your clients.
- Offer exceptional service: Provide your Clients with High-quality, professional, and personalized service. Be responssive to their needs and go the extra mile to exceed their expectations and build long-lasting relationships.
By following these steps, you can build a successful career as a Facebook Ads Manager, helping businesses of all sizes achieve their goals through effective Facebook Ads campaigns.
How Much Money Can You Make with a Facebook Ads Manager Side Hustle?
The amount of money $$$ you can make as a Facebook Ads Manager side hustle will depend on several factors, such as your experience, the size of your client base, and the services you offer. Some Facebook Ads Managers earn anywhere from a few hundred $$$ to several thousand $$$$ dollars per month, while others earn even more, depending on their expertise and the demand for their services.
Keep in mind that as a side hustle, the amount of time and energy you invest will affect your earnings. You may need to work evenings and weekends to accommodate your client’s schedules and ensure that their campaigns are running smoothly. Additionally, you may need to invest in marketing and advertising to grow your client base and increase your earnings over time.
Overall, the earning potenttial for a Facebook Ads Manager Side hustle is significant, but the exact amount you can earn will depend on many factors, and it may take time to build a sustainable and profitable business.
Side Note: On average, a Facebook Ads Manager can earn anywhere from $500 to $5,000 per month.
5 Proven Tips for Making Money with a Facebook Ads Manager Side Hustle
- Focus on providing Value: Offer valuable services and insights to your clients to help them get the most out of their advertising campaigns.
- Specialize in specific industry niche: Consider specializing in a specific industry or niche, such as e-Commerce or real estate, to differentiate yourself and increase your earning potential.
- Stay up to date with the latest industry trends: Stay up to date with the latest industry trends and best practices to stay competitive and offer top-notch services to your clients.
- Offer competitive Rates $$$: Offer competitive rates that are in line with the industry standards to attract more clients.
- Build a strong online presence: Build a strong on-line presence, including a professional website and social media accounts, to showcase your services and attract potential clients.
How To Market Yourself as a Facebook Ads Manager:
Here are some proven tips for marketing yourself as a Facebook Ads Manager:
- Build a strong on-line presence: Create a professional looking website, LinkedIn profile, and other social media profiles to showcase your skills and experience. Ensure that your online presence is consistent and reflects your brand and expertise.
- Offer a free Consultation: Offer a FREE consultation or trial to demonstrate your skills and knowledge, and to build rapport with potential clients. This can help you stand out from other Facebook Ad Managers and establish yourself as a trusted advisor.
- Network with potential Clients: Connect with potential clients through social media, professional groups, and events. Attend networking events and conferences, and reach out to businesses in your local area to introduce yourself and offer your services.
- Ask for referrals: Ask satisfied clients for referrals, and offer incentives for new business that comes from their referrals. This can be an effective way to grow your client base and reach new audiences.
- Share your expertise: Share your expertise through blog posts, articles, and webinars, and use social media to share your insights and stay top of mind with potential clients. Offer free resources, such as e-books, templates, and guides, to help businesses understand the benfits of Facebook Ads.
- Partner with complementary businesses: Partner with complementary businesses, such as web designers or copywriters, to offer a complete Facebook Ads management service to your clients. This can help you expand your services and reach new audiences.
By following these Quick-Tips, you can effectively market yourself as a Facebook Ads Manager, build your reputation, and grow your client base.
In conclusion, becoming a Facebook Ads Manager can be a lucrative $$$ and rewarding career or side hustle, as long as you have the skills and expertise to succeed. By marketing yourself effectively, avoiding scams, and working with reputable clients, you can build a successful business as a Facebook Ads Manager.
However, it’s important to keep in mind that success as a Facebook Ads Manager requires hard work, dedication, and continuous learning, as the industry is constantly evolving and changing. To stay ahead of the curve, it’s important to stay up-to-date on the latest developments and trends in Facebook Ads and digital marketing, and to continuously improve your skills and knowledge.
Overall, with the right approach and mindset, becoming a Facebook Ads Manager can be a rewarding and lucrative opportunity that can help you achieve your financial and career goals.
Online Facebook Ads Manager Resources:
Here are some online resources for Facebook Ads Managers:
- Facebook for Business: This is the official site for businesses using Facebook, and it provides a wealth of information and resources on advertising on Facebook, including tutorials, case studies, and best practices. (https://www.facebook.com/business)
- Facebook Blueprint: Facebook Blueprint is Facebook’s certification program for digital marketers, and it provides a comprehensive education on Facebook Ads and digital marketing. (https://www.facebook.com/business/learn)
- Hootsuite Blog: The Hootsuite blog provides insights and tips on social media advertising, including Facebook Ads. (https://blog.hootsuite.com/category/social-media-advertising/)
- AdEspresso: AdEspresso is a Facebook Ads management platform, and it provides a wealth of information and resources on Facebook Ads, including tutorials, case studies, and best practices. (https://adespresso.com/)
- Social Media Examiner: Social Media Examiner is a leading online resource for social media marketers, and it provides a wealth of information and resources on Facebook Ads and digital marketing. (https://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/)
- AdParlor: AdParlor is a digital advertising agency that provides a wealth of information and resources on Facebook Ads, including tutorials, case studies, and best practices. (https://www.adparlor.com/)
- Also Checkout Our Web Developer Side Hustle Guide: https://pockethustle.com/how-to-make-money-online-with-a-web-developer-side-hustle/
These resources can help you stay up-to-date on the latest developments and trends in Facebook Ads and digital marketing, and provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed as a Facebook Ads Manager.
Pocket Hustle Rating
Facebook Ads Manager
Our Ratings are an evaluation of a number of key elements that determine the potential of a side hustle. We consider factors such as earnings potential, effort required to achieve success, and any initial expenses. Additionally, we assess the level of competition and the potential for growth and sustainability in the chosen field. It's important to note that while these ratings can serve as a useful guide, they do not guarantee success. Ultimately, hard work, passion, and perseverance are the key ingredients for success in any endeavor.
Potential Income (1 - Low, 10 High)
Time Needed (1 - Low, 10 High)
Startup Costs (1 - Low, 10 High)
Chance of Success (1 - Low, 10 High)