A Step by Step Beginners Guide to Making Money With Online Market Research as a Side Hustle.
Average Income Per Month: $60,000 per year
Average Hours Per Month: 240h to 40h
Average Startup Costs: $0 to $200
Average Income: $60,000 per year
Average Hours Per Month: 20h to 40h
Average Startup Costs: $0 to $200
As a side hustle, Online Market Research can be a great way to make money $$$ by offering your skills and expertise to businesses and organizations looking to better understand their customers and target market.
In this guide, we’ll take a look at how to get started with online market research as a side hustle, including what it is, what skills you’ll need, and how to find legitimate opportunities.
Table of Contents
What is Online Market Research?
Collecting and evaluating information about consumers and market trends utilizing online tools is known as “Online Market Research.” This research method employs a variety of techniques, such as surveys, interviews, and focus groups, to gather information about consumer behavior, preferences, and opinions.
Corporations and Organizations utilize this type of research to gain a clearer picture of their target audience and make data-driven choices regarding product creation, Marketing campaigns, and other business functions. Online Market Research is a cost-efficient and effective way to gain valuable market intelligence through the power of the internet and digital tools.
What Are the Start-up Costs to Become an Online Market Researcher?
The Start-up costs for becoming an Online market researcher can vary depending on the specific tools and methods you choose to use. However, many of the tools and resources you’ll need are available for free or at a low cost.
For Example, online survey tools like SurveyMonkey and Google Forms are free to use, and many data analysis tools like Excel and Google Sheets are also available at no cost.
Additionally, there are many Online tutorials and courses available that can teach you the basics of online market research for free or at a low cost.
A Step-by-Step Guide to Becoming an Online Market Researcher.
- Learn – Understand the basics of market research: Before you can start offering your services as an online market researcher, it’s essential to have a good understanding of the basics of the subject. This includes understanding the different types of research methods, such as qualitative and quantitative research, as well as the tools and techniques used to collect and analyze Data.
- Practice – Develop your research skills: To be an effective Online market researcher, you’ll need to have strong research skills. This includes the ability to design and conduct surveys, analyze data, and create reports. Consider taking Online courses or attending Workshops to develop these skills.
- Expand – Build your online presence: As an online market researcher, you’ll need to have a strong online presence to attract clients. This includes creating a professional website, building a social media presence, and networking with other professionals in the industry.
- Target – Identify your niche: To stand out as an online market researcher, it’s important to identify a niche market or area of expertise. This could be a specific industry, such as healthcare or technology, or a specific type of research, such as customer satisfaction surveys.
- Market – Create your portfolio: To showcase your skills and attract Clients, it’s important to create a portfolio of your work. This should include examples of research projects you’ve completed, as well as testimonials from clients.
- Search – Find some clients: Once you’ve developed your skills, built your online presence, and created a portfolio, it’s time to start finding clients. Consider reaching out to businesses and Organizations in your niche market, as well as using online platforms like Upwork or Freelancer to find clients.
- Upgrade – Continuously Learn: Stay up to date with the latest Market research trends, tools and techniques to ensure that your skills are relevant and you can provide the most efficient service to your clients.
How Much Can You Make with an Online Market Research Side Hustle?
The potential earnings $$$ for an Online market research Side hustle can vary greatly depending on the level of experience and expertise of the researcher, the types of clients found and projects they work on, and the hours they are able to dedicate to the side hustle.
According to Glassdoor, the average Salary for a market research analyst is $60,000 per year. However, as a side hustle, the earning potential can be more limited. It is possible to earn anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars per month, depending on the number of clients and projects you are able to secure.
Additionally, some online market research platforms and survey companies pay $$$ individuals for their participation in market research studies. These opportunities can provide additional earning potential for those interested in online market research as a side hustle.
5 Tips for making money as an Online Market Researcher.
- Specialize in a specific industry or niche. By honing in on a specific area of market research, you can become an Expert in that field and attract clients who are looking for specialized knowledge and will pay more for it.
- Build a strong online presence. Having a professional website and active social media accounts will help you reach more potential clients and showcase your skills and expertise.
- Network with other market researchers & industry professionals. Joining professional organizations, attending conferences, and participating in online forums can help you connect with potential clients and stay up-to-date on the latest industry trends.
- Offer a range of services. In addition to traditional market research methods such as surveys and focus groups, consider offering additional services such as data analysis, market forecasting, and consulting.
- Be open to working with clients of all sizes. While large companies may be the first to come to mind, don’t overlook the potential of working with small businesses or startups. They may have smaller budgets, but they can still provide valuable experience and testimonials for your portfolio.
How to Market Yourself as an Online Market Researcher.
- Build a professional looking Website: Your website is the first impression potential clients will have of you. Make sure it is well-designed, easy to navigate, and showcases your skills and experience.
- Create a portfolio: Having a portfolio of your previous work is crucial for demonstrating your skills and capabilities to potential clients. Use this to showcase the research projects you have worked on, including the results and impact of your research.
- Leverage Social media: like LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook are great ways to connect with potential clients and promote your services. Share your expertise, join relevant groups, and engage in conversations to build your reputation as an online market researcher.
- Build a Network: Attend industry events, conferences, and meetups to connect with other market researchers and potential clients. This is also a great way to stay up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in the field.
- Specialize: Consider specializing in a particular industry or type of research to differentiate yourself from other researchers and make yourself more appealing to potential clients.
- Offer a free consultation: Offer potential clients a free consultation to discuss their research needs and how you can help. This is a great way to build trust and establish yourself as an expert in your field.
- Use SEO: Optimize your website and online profiles to rank higher in search engine results. Use relevant keywords and phrases to help potential clients find you easily.
- Get Testimonials: Ask satisfied clients to provide testimonials or reviews of your work. Include these on your website, social media profiles, or other marketing materials to help build trust and credibility with potential clients.
How to Avoid Scams and Find Legitimate Online Market Researcher Opportunities.
When it comes to finding legitimate Online market research opportunities, it’s important to be vigilant and do your due diligence. Here are a few tips to help you avoid scams and find genuine opportunities:
- Research the company: Before you apply for a market research position,, make sure to research the company and their reputation. Look for reviews from current or former employees, and see if there are any red flags.
- Look for a detailed job description: A legitimate market research opportunity should have a detailed job description that outlines the responsibilities and requirements of the position. If the job listing is vague or doesn’t provide enough information, it may be a scam.
- Check for certifications: Many legitimate market research companies are certified by industry organizations such as the Marketing Research Association (MRA) or the American Marketing Association (AMA). Make sure to check if the company is certified before applying.
- Be wary of high-paying opportunities with little experience required: While it’s possible to make a good income $$$ as a market researcher, it’s unlikely that a company would offer a high-paying position to someone with little or no experience. Be wary of opportunities that seem too good to be true.
- Trust your gut: If something seems off or too good to be true, trust your instincts and move on to another opportunity. It’s better to be safe than sorry.
By following these tips, you can help ensure that you find legitimate online market research opportunities and avoid scams.
Online market research is a valuable service that can be turned into a profitable $$$ side hustle. By understanding what online market research is, what skills and tools are required, and how to market yourself and find legitimate opportunities, you can start earning money as an online market researcher.
Remember to be mindful of potential scams and to always continue learning and expanding your skill set.
With the right approach, you can build a successful side hustle in online market research. Good luck!
Online Market Researcher Resources
- The Market Research Society: https://www.mrs.org.uk/
- Qualtrics: https://www.qualtrics.com/market-research/
- SurveyMonkey Audience: https://www.surveymonkey.com/audience
- Researchpool: https://www.researchpool.com/
- ResearchGate: https://www.researchgate.net/
- Kantar: https://www.kantar.com/
- Also Checkout Our Online Surveys Guide
Pocket Hustle Rating
Online Market Research
Our Ratings are an evaluation of a number of key elements that determine the potential of a side hustle. We consider factors such as earnings potential, effort required to achieve success, and any initial expenses. Additionally, we assess the level of competition and the potential for growth and sustainability in the chosen field. It's important to note that while these ratings can serve as a useful guide, they do not guarantee success. Ultimately, hard work, passion, and perseverance are the key ingredients for success in any endeavor.
Potential Income (1 - Low, 10 High)
Time Needed (1 - Low, 10 High)
Startup Costs (1 - Low, 10 High)
Chance of Success (1 - Low, 10 High)